Getting this right
Supply Chain Strategy & Growth
If you are a start-up or planning on high growth you may have the following questions about your supply chain:
- Where do I find suppliers to support my products?
- Where will I store my inventory and how much inventory can I afford to buy?
- What is my supply chain network?
- What systems, tools and processes will I need to manage order fulfillment and service my customers?
- What are my supply chain investment priorities and key risk areas I need to pay attention to?
- What skills sets do I need to support my supply chain and who do I hire first?
- What terms and agreements do I need with suppliers?
- Do I need to outsource manufacturing or warehousing? (make/buy decisions)
These are all common questions you may find yourself asking as you make plans to bring your products to market or grow your existing business.
Building on a Solid Foundation
At Tight Lines Consulting we have a set of processes and tools to support getting answers to these questions.
Our Supply Chain Strategy and Growth services can:
- Create a supply chain network, with careful consideration to target markets, order fulfillment requirements, costs, supplier locations and working capital.
- Develop a roadmap for specific investments in supply chain capabilities.
- Identify the right skills and resources you need to hire for now and in the future.
- Determine options for partnering with 3rd party logistics companies or contract manufacturers to support your business.
- Create a cost/supply chain model that can make cost and inventory trade-offs as you design your sourcing strategy and fulfillment processes.
- Offshoring and re-shoring options and analysis as required.
- Establish an initial Sales and Operations Planning process and for managing your cross functional business goals.
It is often said, your initial supply chain network design will determine your costs, your inventory and ability to service your customers for years, let’s make sure you make the right decisions today, but with the future in mind.