Tight Lines Consulting transforms your key supply chain processes that will turn your supply chain into a competitive weapon that provides you with a clear market advantage.
We enable a resilient supply chain, so you can deliver world-class service and products to your customers and world-class costs to the business.
While we primarily focus on reducing costs and improving productivity for our clients, Tight Lines Consulting believes that supply chain optimization creates a wide-ranging impact and can transform an organization. We transform key supply chain processes in ways that place a high value on cross-functional teamwork, high performing supply chain teams and leadership skills to ensure the business and the people are successful.
Why Tight Lines Consulting & Coaching
Tight Lines consulting has over 25 years of international supply chain management experience in both Fortune 100 companies and small privately held manufacturing businesses.
Having addressed supply chain challenges in hi-tech, retail, renewable energy, multiple go to market models and international manufacturing locations, there is not a supply chain challenge we have not seen.
Tim Wise, Founder of Tight Lines Consulting & Coaching, has personally led these types of supply chain projects over his 25 year career:
- Supported supply chain network analysis, RFQ for outsourcing manufacturing, organizational re-design and contract terms, saving $10M per year for a network storage company.
- Re-designed BOM management processes, inventory transactions, supply planning processes and overall inventory control processes to support $60M solar company, reducing inventory variances by $2M and cost savings of $700K.
- Reduced inventory over $100M in 9 months, due to a sharp decline in demand during a manufacturing outsourcing implementation, when customer was caught with extreme excess inventory.
- Improved order fulfillment cycle times, reducing order backlog of $1M in less than 3 days.
Established a new supply chain in Singapore to capitalize on Tax advantages.
- Re-designed supply/demand planning processes for $20B enterprise, implementing SAP Demand and Supply Planning capabilities.
Tight Lines Consulting excels at translating your transformation into quantifiable financial benefits to your company. With a strong background in Finance and Accounting, we can talk easily with your finance team on the full financial and accounting impacts of your supply chain strategies and transformation.
Also, with full understanding of ERP systems and IT capabilities – Tight Lines can deliver not only a great process, but provide the full cross functional integration of process and tools, that is critical to any supply chain transformation.
The success of your supply chain often relies on consistent, repeatable processes to support the dynamics in your business and operations.
At Tight Lines, we focus on the key business processes that span cross functional dependencies, with a system view of the supply chain network and business goals.
We are focused on understanding your current processes, identifying key gaps and creating plans to close those gaps and improve your key supply chain metrics.
We also blend in the organizational implications, skill set analysis, tool and IT requirements to create a complete solution for your business.